Thursday, October 21, 2010

IUI = super easy

Just an update to say that the IUI went well. It was shockingly fast, no cramping, and with a very perky doctor I had never met. The longest part of the whole thing was verifying the identifying information. Am I a freak if I say that I figure they have a way stronger motivation to make sure they don't mix up the sperm samples than I do? I mean, either way I get a baby, but they get the universe's worst publicity. So I checked with them, but I wasn't especially stressed.

Since then, I've been anxious, and I have no idea how I'm going to get through the wait until the 3rd. But I have a ton of stuff going on at work between now and then, so that's nice and consuming. My boss was really excited about my work today, so hopefully I can keep it up. I think I've done better work in the last year than I ever have or will again. I almost feel like I should confess to my coworkers that the only reason I'm so motivated and hardcore about work is because I'm failing so thoroughly at making a baby. I love that I have something to throw myself into, but I hate that I have to. Hopefully that part will change, and I can throw myself into getting my work done before I go on maternity leave : )

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the IUI went smoothly. And, it is true -- they really do have excellent motivation to make sure that everything matches!

    I seem to have taken the opposite approach and seem to be doing some of the worst work I've ever done as IF knocks the motivation out of me. I try to throw myself into work but it doesn't seem to be happening. I'm glad you're going the other way, though.

    ReplyDelete