Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good news

So despite my negative feelings going in, there are actually follicles maturing, and 4 had grown to reasonable size today. None is big enough to trigger yet, but this gives major hope that they will in a day or two. At the moment the biggest one is 15 mm. Yay! Such good news. I'm still waiting for a call to let me know what the plan is and when to come back for further monitoring, but I'm feeling much more hopeful and less defective. Just in case this is due to the fact that I exercised on Tuesday, I'm going to make sure I get some more exercise. Can't be a bad thing, right?

Monday, August 2, 2010


For reasons unknown, the Clomid didn't appear to work this cycle. Unlike last cycle, when I responded beautifully, with an estrogen level of ~800 at day 12 and three good-sized follicles, this time around I have lots of small follicles and estrogen at day 11 and day 13 in the 120-160 range. My doctor wants to wait 3 more days to see if anything changes (he thinks the chances are 50-50) and then maybe wants to do a higher dose of clomid. But he seems pretty thrown by not having a clue why it worked last time and not at all this time. I need to check and make sure that I didn't break some cardinal rule of clomid-dom, but otherwise I'm pretty thrown, too. So that sucks. Wish me luck on Thursday.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Adoption looks good today

So first, the update. Went in yesterday for Day 11 ultrasound, and they said I was nowhere near ready (biggest follicles at 12, need to be 18). So they sent me home and I'm supposed to go back tomorrow to check again. The doctor seemed unconcerned (not my doctor, but the first one I've seen at one of these appointments) and said that it can take up to 20 days to respond to the clomid. However, I'm still a worrier, and the fact that the nurse said last time that you usually respond the same way to clomid every time means that I'm anxious. Hopefully things will go well tomorrow.

I saw a bunch of cute kids today, and that made adopting an infant seem like a good option. I need to consult a rabbi to figure out how the whole Judaism thing works with adoption.